Fair Blue Flying Fish
The Fair Blue Flying Fish Swim Team is known for teamwork, fun and competition. Encourage your children to give it a try! Swim team is a wonderful way to make new friends during the summer and get involved with the pool!
- Flying Fish have FUN!
- Every Flying Fish swims!
- Flying Fish are GREAT SPORTS!
- Flying Fish are ALL winners!
The only pre-requisite is that your child must be able to get across the pool without assistance and without holding on to the side or lane line. If your child is close but not quite there, please consider enrolling them in swim lessons (organized through the pool lifeguards). And yes – your child can join after the season starts once they can hit those milestones!
2022 meet schedule
- Tuesday June 21, 2022: Friendly meet @Ashborne
- Thursday, June 23, 2022: Home Meet – Timber Lane @Fair Blue
- Tuesday, June 28, 2022: @Crestview
- Thursday, June 30, 2022: Home Meet – River Road @Fair Blue
- Tuesday, July 12, 2022: Home Meet – Del Vets @Fair Blue
- Thursday, July 14, 2022: @Shellcrest
Afternoon Practices: May 31 – June 10
- 5:00pm-6:00pm – younger swimmers (6 & under, 8 & under, 10 & under)
- 6:00pm-7:00pm – older swimmers (12 & under, 14 & under, 18 & under)
Morning Practices: Starting June 13
- 8:00am – 9:00am – 14’s/18’s
- 9:00am – 10:00am – 10’s/12’s
- 10:00am – 11:00am – 8’s
- 11:00am – 11:30am – 6’s
parent volunteers needed!
As with all children’s sports we rely heavily on parent volunteers to help our meets run smoothly. Key roles that we must fill include:
- Starter/referee (one person per each home meet)
- Stroke and turn judge (one per meet)
- Place judge (one per meet)
- Timers (at least three per meet and one additional head timer)
- Ribbon writers (one to two per meet, can be done after the meet as well)
- ‘Wrangler’s’ (two volunteers to find and organize the swimmers when it’s their turn)
- Announcer (one for each home meet)
- Bullpen (one to two each meet)
- Parking (2 for each home meet)
- Snack bar (three to four per home meet)